You may serve pieces as is or remove skin and cut in pieces.
- 1 whole chicken cut in separate pieces (about 4-5 pounds)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion cut in quarters
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons red vinegar wine
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and cut in wedges (I cut the wedges in half as well)
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- Salt Freshly ground pepper
- Place the chicken in a pot and add the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bay leaf, salt and pepper and mix it with a spoon.
- Add the vinegar and then add enough warm water to cover the chicken halfway (you can always add more later).
- Simmer the chicken for about 45 minutes and then add the potatoes spreading among the pieces of chicken.
- Continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- You may need to add a bit more water, but do not add too much otherwise your sauce will be watery.
- When potatoes are done add the lemon juice and oregano and mix well. Serve with the sauce drizzled on top of meat and potatoes.