- 1/2 kilo fresh spinach rinsed
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 onion chopped or 2-3 spring onions chopped
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- I teaspoon dry mint
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2/3 cups water 1/3 cup medium grain rice
In a large pot wilt the spinach with the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Set aside to drain. In another pot sauté the onion with the rest of the olive oil until soft. Add the spinach, dry mint, dill and 2/3 cup warm water and bring to a boil. Add the rice, salt (as needed) and pepper and simmer for about 20 minutes until rice is soft. Add additional warm water as needed. Serve warm or at room temperature with a squeeze of lemon juice and a bit of olive oil and feta.