- dried white beans: 500 gr.
- carrots: 3, sliced thickly
- onions: 2, finely chopped
- tinned tomatoes: 400 gr.
- olive oil: ½ cup
- celery: 3 stalks
- freshly ground pepper
- chilli pepper: 1 (optional)
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- The next day, wash and boil them over low heat until tender (about 1 hour).
- Drain beans and rinse saucepan.
- Heat oil and sauté the onion and carrots for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, chilli pepper and celery.
- As soon as the sauce boils, add the beans and a litre of warm water.
- Continue cooking until the bean soup is nice and thick.
- At the end, remove chilli pepper and serve hot.